When you advertise on the The HRBN, your ad will be seen by forward-thinking HR decision-makers all over the world. You want these people to click on your ads — so how do you grab their attention without seeming too desperate? You’ve gotta have a good-looking.
You have a lot riding on that little ad, so be sure it’s something people will want to click on. While beauty is in the eye of the beholder, good ads generally are simple, with a single message or call to action. Don’t bombard people with too much information, and don’t go overboard with the graphics.
So how do you create a winning ad that will just beg to be clicked? Here are some tips based on design guidelines from our friends at ReTargeter:
- Keep it simple. Have a simple, clear message with a powerful image.
- Buttons and CTAs are magic. A succinct call to action with a button is ideal.
- Be honest. Don’t pull any punches — make your offer clear and honest.
- Pretty people are popular. It’s weird but true — pictures of attractive people get more clicks.
- Be bold. Use a powerful headline to compel people to click.
- Keep it colorful. White backgrounds are yawn-inducing and don’t help your ad stand out.
- Be relevant. Have ads that reflect current trends or events.
- Experiment. Try new and different ads until you find something that works.
If you want to learn more about making eye-catching ads that everyone will want to click, check out these posts on ReTargeter’s blog.