A reader on the SHRM Buzz site has a question.
This will be my first year attending the SHRM annual conference and I was wondering what should I pack?!? I know they dont call Atlanta HOTlanta for no reason, so I should pack light, but any other suggestions??
First of all, there is no way you can go to SHRM12 without packing a suitcase. Even if you bring a simple piece of luggage to the conference, you will need a large Samsonite bag to carry home your swag.
So if you're bringing a big suitcase anyway, remember to pack a few important things.
- We love Blister Block. There is no reason to jack up your fresh pedicure with unsightly blisters. That stuff works.
- Listerine Breath Strips or white Tic Tacs are essential. (The orange ones leave your breath smelling funky.)
- Extra underpants. For some reason, SHRM seems to get a discount rate for conferences in hot places during the summertime. You will sweat just from looking out the window. Fresh undies are an asset.
- You will need Tums. We speak from experience. There is lots of food and candy at the booths.
- We never regret packing sunglasses and sunscreen. You think you're going to be inside all day. Then you attend one of those boring sessions on FMLA updates and you think -- hey, I can use some air.