It’s Friday, y’all, so whether you choose to celebrate by blaring the Rebecca Black song on your iPhone or by fleeing your cubicle to enjoy the beautiful spring weather, be sure to check out what’s been going on this week on the TSC blog and beyond.
- InfluenceHR Early Bird Discount Ends Soon — Discounts for InfluenceHR expire soon! Want to make it to the conference and delight your head of finance all at the same time? Tickets are just $300 right now — a savings of $295 over the on-site price. But move fast. This discount expires May 7.
- Top 4 Employee Recognition Trends of 2014 — Our friends over at Quantum Workplace have released a new report on 2014 trends in employee recognition that is worth a download. If you work with recognition and engagement — either as an employer or HCM vendor — you’ll want to look at the top trends we found in this report.
- Don't F@#k Up the Culture: Why You Should Never Sacrifice Culture for Growth — Do some companies become more and more miserable places to work as they scale? Sure. But there are exceptions. And those exceptions make culture a priority.
- A Content Strategy Is Not Your Problem — The current wisdom of Content Strategy begins with buyer personas, but there's a problem with that line of thinking, especially in today's Buzzfeed/Upworthy environment, and an environment in which "average" brand content is getting punished by Facebook.
- Adventures in Copy Editing — Our copy-editing guru shows you what happens when you don’t keep a close eye on your content.