Did you miss The Market Share Manifesto Webinar yesterday? Good thing you can get it on demand here:
You can catch the wrap-up of some key points from the webinar on Twitter with the Storify. Tomorrow, we will have a follow-up Q&A from the questions asked during the webinar.
In the meantime, here are some tidbits from the presentation:
Click to tweet any of the messages below.
- In emerging market segments, market share is the most important objective of your marketing strategy.
- 30% market share is total domination of your segment.
- When the best you can do is 30% of the market, you can cater your marketing message to the radical buyer.
- Marketing is the most important thing. It’s more important than product and support.
- The best mousetrap (product) hardly ever wins. The most agressive market share strategy wins.
- Brand recognition is more important than lead generation.
- Your marketing automation system could be your worst enemy.
- Industry media sources do not provide sufficient access to market.
- The secret to good investment is to be brave when others are scared. — Warren Buffet
- The average marketing spend for U.S. tech companies is less than 5%. If you want to dominate your market, it needs to be 10x that.
- Better brand recognition drives better results across all other areas of marketing.
- The higher your brand recognition, the less you have to pay for demand generation results.
- 25-30% of your marketing team/budget should be dedicated to social media.
The thing about The Market Share Manifesto is that it's not for everyone. Bret Starr will tell you it's for those in emerging market segments who have a real shot at being first, second or third in their market. The only way to know whether it's right for you or not is to dive into the recording above or check it out on The Starr Conspiracy YouTube.
While you're there, you can check out The Message Manifesto.