Lori Wizdo, principal analyst at Forrester Research, has spent more than 30 years in B2B marketing. So when she says we have a big data evolution coming to marketing, you should probably listen.
Wizdo is one of our keynotes for InfluenceHR and her message is simple: campaign-based marketing has lost its power to find and attract the right buyers for your B2B technology. The reasons are simple:
- B2B technology purchases are complex beasts. Even the most powerful campaign alone can't get a prospect through a multi-month (or multi-year) purchase process without some help.
- Purchases have multiple stakeholders, which means not just more complexity and time but additional people to win buy-in to move the purchase forward.
- It can lead to a poor buying experience that doesn't live up to customer expectations and an artificially increased end-to-end purchase time.
Your buyer is more empowered than ever — with information, resources, and key decisions already made before they ever fill out a form to get your latest white paper. What we need is more than plug-and-play campaigns. We need contextual enagement.
What does that mean?
- Making a connection that engages a particular person in a particular part of their journey. Someone who is doing initial research on products need different information than people later.
- Focusing on the end-to-end customer engagement. Getting a prospect into your organization and engaged is only step one of a long journey. Buyers need support throughout the entire process.
- Advanced marketing automation and customer relationship management technologies can make it as complex, or as simple, as you like.
During her keynote, Wizdo will share examples of what innovative B2B marketers are doing to approach their marketing and give a forward-facing view of what's to come for marketers. If you'd like to hear what she has to say, we invite you to join us at InfluenceHR in Las Vegas on October 6th.